They say everything happens in threes. The Latin phrase, "omne trium perfectum" means “everything that comes in threes is perfect”. We thought we would stick to the Rule of Three and provide you with three awesome new features Microsoft recently released to make life a little bit easier.
BCG Systems, Inc., Blog
Feature Highlights from a NetSuite Expert
NetSuite has begun their spring roll out of their bi-annual release strategy. Upgrades will automatically deploy for subscribers of the cloud-based business management solution. NetSuite’s goal is to enhance functionality and keep users current without any hassle.
Dynamics GP 2015 Is Finally Here! What We Think of the New Version of Accounting Software
Dynamics GP is Microsoft’s ERP (enterprise resource planning) software solution for businesses to manage their accounting, reporting, supply chain management, HR and payroll – all in one place. Microsoft’s objective is to streamline these facets of a business to increase productivity, cash flow and grow businesses to their full potential.
A Case Study on Why and How a Small Business went Serverless
Over the past year or so, we noticed that companies contemplating the replacement of their servers have been asking us to create solutions that do not include buying a new server.
A guest blog from Briteskies about why they outsourced their IT
As is true with any company, our internal technology needs at Briteskies can be demanding. It requires constant and vigilant attention so that we are providing our team with the most effective tools to do their job. Recently, we were faced with a decision; we needed to make some changes to our internal IT structure and we needed to decide the best approach to take. Being an IT company with a number of smart employees, our first inclination was, “Hey, we can do that!” Just because you can do something, however, does not always mean that you should.
What is Office 365 Power BI? Power BI is a cloud-based service that works with Excel to provide users with a self-service business intelligence (BI) solution. Power BI is built on SharePoint Online and allows for collaboration and robust reporting through BI specific app parts and features.
Have you started your technology planning for 2015? Business owners typically leave planning up to their IT guy. But you shouldn’t be hands off. Are you sure your technology fits your company? What training and experience does your IT staff have in regards to special projects?
As the decision maker of your company, you should at least have a high level understanding of the IT infrastructure. Sometimes business owners place too much confidence in their IT staff. To make sure you are making the right IT investments and utilizing the most effective solutions, here are a few questions you should be asking.
Are you ready for the next release of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015? Now is a good time to learn how this update can enhance your sales, marketing, and customer service functionality, as well as features to facilitate marketing and sales team collaboration.
A few weeks ago, while talking with some of our sales staff, I was a bit surprised that they asked me how to budget for cloud computing. I guess my surprise was because it seems pretty simple to me.
If you haven’t noticed, we talk about Microsoft Office 365 a lot here at BCG Systems. It’s because we truly believe it is a great product for doing business. It is a versatile tool that any type of company can customize and utilize for their day to day activities. With that said, we thought we would continue talking about Office 365 and share some simple and handy tools and tips you may not be aware of.
Microsoft Office 365 Tips & Tricks
Outlook 2013 and Exchange Online offer enhanced functionality by providing time saving tips and suggestions based on the email content.
- Maps Embedded in Emails - Emails that contain an address will automatically include a map for that address in the body.
- RSVP Action Item Alert - Emails that request some type of response will include an action item alert.
- Attachment Reminder - How many times have you forgotten to include the attachment(s) you mentioned in the body of your email? Outlook will now remind you to attach an item if you mention it in the body of the email.
SharePoint Online is the limitless intranet and document management center.
- Company Default Homepage - Easy way to create a homepage with relevant company info such as documents, websites and links.
- Useful Customizations - Display a simple in/out board visible to all employees where they can update their time and location. Share a calendar with the company or different departments.
- Share Information Externally - Many of our clients are using SharePoint to successfully share info with clients & business partners.
Lync Online is an incredibly versatile tool for communication with employees internally as well as clients and vendors externally.
- Quick Chat, Share Desktop, Webinar - Standard tools to make remote communication more productive.
- Sharing Session - Give and take control of a sharing session. Go back and forth presenting and demonstrating.
- Whiteboard - A feature that provides a blank page where you and other participants can type notes, draw, and import images.
OneDrive for business as a cloud based file server.
- Mobile - One place for all of your documents, accessible from your phone, tablet or computer.
- Unlimited Storage - No restrictions on file space for Office 365 subscribers.
- Synchronize Files - Access from any device at any time, both online and offline.
While these are not the principal features that make Microsoft Office 365 an exceptional product, they are the little things that Microsoft thinks of to enhance their user’s experience. Along with the new Microsoft comprehensive plan structure, there is no excuse for any size business to not find a cost effective way to use Office 365 as a tool.
Microsoft is continuously improving and streamlining their products. BCG Systems will be highlighting some of those updates in a webinar about what’s new in Office 365. It will air live in April and include content on Delve, Boards, Groups and other new features. Check BCG’s event page for details: http://www.bcgsystems.com/resources/events
By: Ken Klika, Director of Network Solutions at BCG Systems
What's Happening at BCG Systems?
Check out our news room to stay up-to-date on the latest and greatest news of everything happening at BCG Systems, Inc